Professor Erik Arntzen, Ph.D., BCBA-D, Specialist in Clinical Psychology Program for Learning in Complex Systems/Ph.D. program in Behavior Analysis Oslo Metropolitan University
Pilestredet 38, 0130 Oslo, NORWAY
Cell phone: (47) 90-12-82-61
QUALIFICATIONS IN SUM
I hold a cand.psychol degree (a six-year study of psychology) from the University of Oslo and Dr. Psychology (Ph.D.) from the University of Oslo from February 2000. Furthermore, I have a specialty in clinical psychology. I have experience within research, education and clinical work. Within research I have been interested in basic research, as for example stimulus equivalence, but also applied research as for example verbal behavior.
AIMS AND AMBITIONS
My vision is to continue research within behavior analysis with focus on complex human behavior and to use the results from the research in applied work. Hopefully, I can contribute in such way that behavior analysis will expand to a number of areas.
- University qualifying examination, Stabekk Gymnas, 1976.
- Military service, the Medical Corps at Lahaugmoen/Setermoen,
- 1977. Ex. philosophicum, University of Oslo, spring 1978.
- 15 credits in courses in biology and chemistry, University of Oslo, 1978.
- One-year basic course in psychology, University of Oslo, 1979/1980.
- Cand. psychol, University of Oslo, spring 1986.
- Grade 1.4 on the thesis (1 is the best and 4 the lowest).
- Grade 2.3 on the exam.
Licensed specialist in clinical psychology, August 1999.
Dr. psychol (Ph.D.) in psychology in February 2000. (Establishment of stimulus equivalence – effects of training structure and familiarity of stimuli.)
1. Supervisor at Kapellveien treatment centre, fall 1985.
2. Supervisor at Alta family and day-care centre, spring 1986.
3. Supervisor at Orremyr daycare centre 1.08.86 – 31.05.88
4. Special psychologist at Kapellveien treatment centre 1.06.88 – 30.09.91
5. Special psychologist at Bleiker treatment centre 1.10.91 – 31.8.94
6. Research fellow at the University of Oslo 1.9.94 – 1.3.2000
7. Associate Professor at Akershus University College 1.6.2000 – 31.07.2004
8. Full Professor at Akershus University College/Oslo, Akershus University College, Oslo Metropolitan University 1.8.2004 –
9. Coordinator of the sequence of 7 master courses which are approved by BACB 2004–2016. VCS for BACB approved course sequence, 2018–.
10. I have been busy with my own private consultant business, teaching and supervision, 1986–2015.
TEACHING AND SUPERVISION
I am teaching different courses in behavior analysis at the master program and PhD program at OsloMet. At OsloMet, I have supervised more than 60 students at the master program in behavior analysis and seven PhD students at the doctoral program in behavior analysis who have got their final degree. At the moment, I supervise 12 students at the master program and 7 PhD students at program in behavior analysis.
I do research mainly concerned with conditional discrimination and stimulus equivalence, but also research on gambling behavior and consumer behavior. In addition, I do have some research projects within applied behavior analysis. I have attended a number of conferences, given about 220 presentations at international conferences and more than 120 international publications and 60 national publications.
I have been editor of the European Journal of Behavior Analysis from the issue was published in 2000 and editor of Behavior & Philosophy since 2014. Furthermore, I am a member of the editorial board in Norwegian Journal of Behavior Analysis, Journal of Experimental Analysis of Behavior, Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, International Journal of Psychology and Psychological Therapy, The Psychological Record, Behavioral Interventions, The Behavior Analyst Today, Experimental Analysis of Human Behavior Bulletin, International Journal of Behavior Analysis & Autism Spectrum Disorders, Alzheimer disease. American Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease & other Dementias, and The Mexican Journal of Behavior Analysis. Also, I am guest reviewer in European Journal of Psychology, Scandinavian Journal of Behaviour Therapy, Behavioral and Brain Sciences, and Journal of the Norwegian Psychological Association.
- Member of the board of the Norwegian Association, 1987–1991
- Member of the board of the Norwegian Association and the secretary of international affairs, 2006 –.
- President of the European ABA, 2008 – 2013.
- Past President of the European ABA, 2013 –2015.
- Advisory Board of Cambridge Center for Behavioral Studies, 2012–2014
- Trustee of Cambridge Center for Behavioral Studies, 2014–
2007. Research award at AUC
2011. SABA Award for International Dissemination of Behavior Analysis
2012. ABAI award for outstanding mentoring
2016. Publication award at OAUC